It’s been a while since I’ve had a little rant about things that annoy me and seen as its holiday season it’s only fair that I complain a little bit about things (mainly people) that annoy me at the airport.
1) The Overpackers. These are the people that have at least two suitcases and hand luggage and a hand bag. Why? What’s the need? They just hold up the line for everyone else trying to check in and even if you’ve checked in earlier they are the people at the bag drop saying “Oh have I exceeded the limit? I hadn’t noticed” Sorry Hun but you had noticed when you were packing your whole wardrobe into one case.
2) Glam Queens. The girls that are overly dressed just to step into a plane. It’ll be a 7am flight and they would have a full face of make up on, a brand new never before worn outfit, a sunhat, heels and let’s not forget the sunglasses that will be worn indoors even though they’re not needed.
3) Liquidholics. These are the people that hold you up when you’re going through security. The people that don’t know what 100ml looks like. The people that think they could get away with smuggling water and make a fuss when they’re asked to throw it away.
4) Sales Assistants. I don’t know what it is but sales assistants at the airport really bug me. It’s like the purposely don’t want to be helpful because they hate that you’re going on vacation and they’re not even though they go to the airport every day. As soon as I walk into a store I can tell the sales assistant wants me to just leave. I mean I know she knows I’m not actually going to buy a £3000 bag at that moment but maybe I want to pretend I’m rich and all she can do is play along with that fantasy.
5) Early Birds. These are the people who stand in line at the gate before it’s even opened. Or the people that go up to the gate holding a seat ticket for let’s say 3C when they’re only boarding seats 24-36. Chill out Hun we’re all getting on the plane like it’s not going anywhere. They won’t forget you.
6) Pillow Hoarders. They’re normally the early birds. That’s why they want to get on the plane first, so they can take all the pillows for themselves. I hate them. Nuff said.
7) The Phone Addicts. No matter how many times these people are warned they still don’t turn their phones on. They can’t get it into their head that even if they put their phone on airplane mode during lift off and landing IT STILL EFFECTS THE PLANE! Especially when people turn the phones on as soon as we land and call people. I understand that you want to update people on your survival but there are going to be others that board the plane after you. Why can’t you wait three more minutes till you’re out of the plane to update your Facebook?
8) The Safety Announcements. This is when the hostess steps to the front and positions herself to mime out the safety instructions. You can tell in her face that she’s been waiting for this moment. It’s her time to shine. Everyone on the plane will recognize her when she does walk around a later. Like Hun no-ones watching you and no-ones going to remember your dance moves as we crash.
9) Drama Queens. I understand that some please are actually scared to fly or actually get panic attacks but there are always a few over dramatic women on planes that have “panic attacks” when they’re not say by the window or when they don’t have a sore seat next to them. I always come across these people. On my most recent flight I was sat next to two of them. They first argued about who would get the window seat. Then complained about how small leg room they have and about twenty minutes after lift off they simultaneously had these so called panic attacks when nothing was even wrong with them. They didn’t want water or the paper bag or even to walk about to calm down. Just wanted the drama. This was the longest flight of my life. Even after we landed they were yelling and complaining about the flight so I just turned to them and said the only words I said to the through out the whole flight “yeah but did you die?”
10) Luggage Hide’n’Seek. I hate this part. I personally think it’s the worst part of traveling. You know you’ve reached your destination, you’re so close yet you can’t leave. You have to wait for your 12 bags you checked in before. And for some reason my bags are always the last ones to come out! I’m just stood there getting jealous rages about people that have collected their bags. Especially if they have more bags than me.